- Title - County Of Limerick
- Cartographer - L.J. Richards
- Date - 1901, Philadelphia
- Size - 680mm x 470mm (large margins)
- Condition - Good. Centrefold. Paper slightly age-toned, slight rubbing to title, but otherwise very good. Blank verso.
Large Hand Coloured Map of County Limerick
Large and Detailed Hand Coloured Map of County Limerick, from one of the last great county atlases, The Memorial Atlas of Ireland.
The atlas, produced by L.J.Richards & Co, Philadelphia, in 1901, was one of the last large atlases in which all the maps were entirely handcoloured. Measuring a very large 680mm x 480mm, with wide margins, these attractive maps are are ideal for framing. The level of detail on some of the maps is astonishing.
Shown are the baronies, parishes, and townlands of each county as they were 1901. The locations of roads, bridges, canals, railways, churches, and even the odd lunatic asylum are all shown with great detail. A tiny map of Ireland on each map helps locate the position of each county and province.
An attractive & extraordinary map. Scarce Item!
Large and Attractive Collectable Map of Limerick
Item ID: 15765-0
: €435.00 (€448.70 Inc. VAT)