- Title - (Two Items) History of the City of Dublin Vol.1 & Parliament House, Dublin. Maps and Illustrations.
- Author - John T. Gilbert
- Date - (1) History of Dublin 1857, (2) Parliament House 1896
- Size - (1)150mm x 235mm (2)200mm x 263mm
- Condition - Good. Usual age related toning of pages. First couple of pages of The History... have damp stains running to page 4 including the map of Dublin. Otherwise very good.
Lot of 2 Scarce books on Dublin by Historian Sir John T.Gilbert
Two scarce items by John Thomas Gilbert the noted book-collector, librarian, historian and archivist who is best known for his 3 volume, 'History of the City of Dublin', and the 'Calendar of Ancient Records of Dublin'.
This lot includes
- Vol.1, dated 1857, from his 3 volume set 'History of the City of Dublin', and includes the original map of Dublin. The book has been re-bound in a modern cloth binding, and apart form damp stains to first couple of pages is in good condition.
- A copy of his 1896 publication, 'Parliament House, Dublin', which was published just 2 years before his death in 1898. In very good condition, original binding with gold lettering, and numerous illustrations. (please look at photographs)
A scarce and attractive lot in good condition.
Important and Scarce Dublin Histories.
Item ID: 15857-0
: €375.00 (€386.81 Inc. VAT)