- Title - Catalogue of the Maps of the Estates of the Archbishops of Dublin 1654 - 1850
- Published By - Four Courts Press
- Author - Raymond Refaussé and Mary Clarke
- Date - 2000
- Size - 244mm x 266mm, 112pp; colour ills. (large format).
- Condition - Excellent, cloth cover, all pages fine condition. Colour and B&W illustrations. Clean and bright.
Attractively Illustrated Book - Dublin History
The manuscript maps of the estates of the archbishops of Dublin are rare, as most of the Church of Ireland's cartographical collections were destroyed in the fire that engulfed the Public Record Offices in June 1922.
They relate largely to lands in county Dublin but also concern property in the city of Dublin and in counties Wicklow, Westmeath and Cork. This catalogue lists sixty-four maps, dating from 1654 to 1850, in chronological order and describes their contents and physical characteristics.
Raymond Refaussé is Librarian and Archivist, Representative Church Body Library, Dublin.Mary Clark is the archivist with Dublin City Corporation.
Appendices provide valuable biographical information on the surveyors who drew the maps as well as the archbishops for whom they worked.
Interesting illustrated Book
Item ID: 15839-0
: €62.00 (€63.95 Inc. VAT)