Under the terms of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 in the Republic of Ireland, Old Irish Maps is the “data controller” of the personal information which you provide to us through your use of this website.
Information Collected by OldIrishMaps.com
When you contact us or use our store, we need to collect and store certain personal information in order to provide our service. The following is the information we currently collect:
- Your name, address, email and any other contact information provided when you purchase through our store
- Your contact information when you complete a contact form
- Your email address and another person's email address when you use our "Tell a Friend" facility.
- Statistical information which appears in web logs when you visit any website. None of this information can personally identify you.
Information we Do Not Collect or Store
We do not collect any credit card information online. When you make your payments via PayPal or our payment provider your credit card is securely processed on their servers. We never see, nor can we ever access, your credit card information, we simply receive confirmation of the amount paid.
We never store credit card or any other financial details provided to us in person or by telephone for any longer than is required to complete an authorised payment.
How we Use the Information we Collect
We use the information you provide to:
- Contact you at your request
- Send or deliver goods and services which you order
- Improve our website and make it easier for you to use
Things we Never do With Your Information
We treat all the information you provide to us as being strictly confidential, and in particular we do not and will not do any of the following with any information you provide.
- Sell, rent or in any other way disclose your personal information to third parties
- Send any email to you other than emails to which you have expressly subscribed or which are related directly to any contact you initiated with us.
In short we never disclose any personal information about you to anyone, unless required to do so for legal reasons.
Data Security & Access
OldIrishMaps.com operates on secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised individuals have access to the information provided by our users.
Under the terms of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, you may contact us at any time to request a copy of all the personal information about you which we currently hold. There is a charge for providing this information. which is currently €3.50.
Last Updated: March 24th 2008